Photographer - Heart Of A Cowgirl Photography

Samantha Dawn with "Misty Valley Olivia" 


Some of us never outgrew the "I Love Horses" stage...


Horses have LONG been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. They have taught me much about life and how to handle myself. Years of studying, training, and being around them have honed my skills in being able to properly photograph them. It's only natural I guess my career would choose to combine two loves in one....Equine and Photography. 


I was born and raised in the tourist town of Lake Of The Ozarks, Missouri. I was raisedby my strict but good-intentions father, who heavily influenced the things that are still my main focuses of life: horses, singing, and photography. He handed me a simple digital camera and a very early version of Photoshop and told me to teach myself these two things, as they were a tool and could help me in the future...(little did you know, Dad...)


I didn't get my first DSLR until about freshman/sophomore year of High School (from my cooler older brother). Somehow with as busy as I was with horses, marching band, and singing.....I found a way to play around with my camera and photoshop.   

I am a self-taught/natural light photographer, I've never found the time to take classes or anything of that nature...I also never had the "funds" to do so !!
While I take great pride in that, I am humble enough to always evolve and learn in my craft. I believe that you always have to work to be good at something, it's not just handed to you. 


I started off my photography into the Equine World by photographing rodeos and barrel races. Which fueled my dream onto horses. I mostly started with Quarter Horses and Paint horses. Then one day in 2017 by a stroke of luck, I met a phenomenal woman with a black Gypsy Cob Stallion. This Stallion is none other than SD Hercules owned by Shannon Lord of Fat Bottom Gypsy Horses in Louisburg, KS. Shannon and Hercules opened countless doors for me. I had no idea I was struggling to find my niche until I found my it. Gypsy Horses. I would say 70% of my work comes from my Gypsy Horse clients. The other 30% is MOSTLY filled with Friesians, Andalusians, Quarter Horses, and many other breeds. 

As 2018 came to an end, I found myself having messages from all over the United States requesting my services to photograph other's Gypsy Horses. I am beyond thankful to know that I am one of the top Gypsy Horse Photographers, while I am far from the best...I always strive to be better than I was the day before. Always remaining hungry for more !! 



My Goal

My photography is more than a "job" to me it is my passion and I live and breathe it...it's riding for your brand.

I believe in giving people something to remember and something they are proud to hang on their walls or display at their workplace. Art of their horses that makes them  remember where/when/why they fell in love with horses and never looked back.

I want my photos to make you FEEL emotional and to connect with every horse in my photos. I want you to not only see the horse. I want you to feel the power, the strength, the beauty, and the soul of the horse.

I never just want to "take a photo of a horse" - I want to turn it into what the horse has been for centuries....ART...and I would love to see YOUR horse be a part of my ART. ♥️


My Life Currently

Currently, I call Louisburg, Kansas home. I reside here with my fiance who is a 7 year Army Combat Veteran, a German Shepherd named CJ, and our spoiled cat "Prince Arti"

We also have two amazing horses!

Gypsy Cob (Vanner) gelding: FB Piano Man (aka Tim) 

9 year old Quarter Horse mare: Smokin Kingers Tink (aka Vegas.) 


Jonathan works for BNSF Railway....when he's not working all the time, he plays an important role with Heart Of A Cowgirl Photography...
He IS the backbone behind my business, as he does most of my tax and financial work. He makes sure everything is how it is supposed to be to make sure this business strives and grows !! 

Jonathan is one of the biggest reasons I've come so far in my photography as I have, without his persistence and support it is safe to say...I would not be as far as I am today...and getting farther as the days go by.


I look forward to getting to know you and your amazing equine partners !! 

"You can be anything you want to be,  just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be" 
- Freddie Mercury

5-6 May, 2016, Kansas City, Kansas USA<br />
<br />
©2016, Phillip Abbott<br />
LAT Photo USA

all photos but singing photos on this page taken by: Suzy Lozeau of Unbranded Photography

Contact Info:

You can reach me by email as well as a facebook message on either my photography page or my personal facebook page. I look forward to working with you! 

email: heartofacowgirlphoto@gmail.com
tel: 573.789.8112 (text only please)
facebook: www.facebook.com/HeartOfACowgirlPhotography

Powered by SmugMug Log In