Samantha Dawn with "Misty Valley Olivia"
Some of us never outgrew the "I Love Horses" stage...
Hey there !! I am Samantha Dawn !!!
For as long as I can remember....horses have been a huge part of my life. I was one of the lucky ones born with “Horse” encoded in their DNA. Horses have taught me so much about life and how to be “in the moment”. YEARS of studying, training, and being around them have honed in my skills in being able to PROPERLY photograph them !! I suppose it's only natural that my career would choose to combine my two loves into one. Photography and Horses.
My Equine Photography started to take off when I would photograph for Barrel Races and Rodeos. These helped fuel my fire to continue to photograph horses. I started with Quarter Horses and Paint Horses.
Flash forward to 2017 by a stroke of luck...I met a phenomenal woman with a Black Gypsy Cob stallion. This stallion is none other than “SD Hercules”. Hercules is owned by Shannon Lord of Fat Bottom Gypsy Horses in Louisburg , KS. Shannon and Hercules opened up countless doors for me. I had no idea I was struggling to find my niche in the equine world until I found it.
Gypsy Horses. I would venture to say that now 70% of my work comes from Gypsy Horse clients. The Other 30% contains Friesians, Andalusians, and Quarter Horses. As 2018 came to an end...I found myself receiving messages from all over the United States requesting my services to photograph TONS of Gypsy Horses.
I am BEYOND thankful to know that I am being considered ONE of the top Gypsy Horse Photographers in the US. While I am FAR from the best, and I will admit it. I ALWAYS strive to be better than I was the day before, hungry to learn, and hungry for more.
- I was born and raised in the tourist town of “Lake Of The Ozarks”, Missouri.
- I am ALL self taught but humble enough to always evolve and learn!
- I'm recently married (10/12/2019) to a handsome Army Combat Veteran !!
- I only use Photoshop. Nope. No Lightroom!
- Photography is my full time job!
- 2017 was my first year I took on photography full time as a job !!
- 2018 was my “break through” year!
- While Gypsy Horses may be my most photographed equine...I do not just photograph them.
- I only use Canon gear!
- I have two horses of my own. Two dogs, and one cat who thinks he's the “prince” !!
- I have one older brother and one younger brother. Yup, middle child here. However, I was raised by just my father.
- The Ford Mustang GT is my favorite car...no I don't have one yet....but I will !! (to be specific a 2013 Shelby GT 500 would be my dream car!)
- I have an extreme obsession with Carousel horses...which I have two as tattoos on my left arm as a “sleeve”
My photography is more than just a “job” to me. Its my passion. I live it. Breath it. Dream it. It's about riding for your brand.
I believe in giving people something to remember and something they are proud to hang on their walls...or display at their place of work. Art of their horses that makes them remember WHERE, WHEN, and WHY they fell in love with THE HORSE....and never looked back.
I want my photos to make you FEEL emotion, to connect with every horse in my photos. I want to show you the soul of the horse through my eyes. Feel their power, their strength, and their heart.
I never just want to be the photographer who just “takes a photo of a horse” - I want to turn it into what THE HORSE has been for centuries...ART...and I would love to see YOUR horse be a part of my ART. ♥️
My Life Now
Currently...I call Louisburg, KS home.
I reside here with my husband, Jonathan Ebeling.
Jonathan is a 7 year Army Combat Veteran.
Jonathan works for BNSF Railway in Kansas City, KS. Jonathan plays the biggest, most important role in my business. Not only does he continually to push me forward in my dreams, he helps me with my finances, and takes care of things while I'm gone. He is THE biggest reason I get to do what I love (full time), and he is the reason I am as far as I am today. (He won't admit it, but he is...)
Our “kids” are a Sable male German Shepherd named “CJ”, a red Mini-Aussie named “Bullitt”, and our prince of the household...a grey/white tuxedo cat named “Arti.”
We are blessed with two amazing horses.
Gypsy Cob (Vanner) gelding: “FB Piano Man” (Tim)
AQHA Mare: “Smokin Kingers Tink” (Vegas)
"You can be anything you want to be, just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be"
- Freddie Mercury
all photos but singing photos on this page taken by: Suzy Lozeau of Unbranded Photography